Monday, March 14, 2016

The Blog Results

The three most valuable things I've learned from blogging seems to focus more about making it appealing to both the gamer and non gamer crowd. I knew not everyone in my class would be an avid gamer like I was, so I had that mindset in my mind. I tried to tackle certain topics that might seemed intriguing when it comes to first person shooters and their design traits like my blog post where I talked about why '90s first person shooters still hold up really well in today's time. The final thing I learned was to basically have fun with it. It's really a place where you can do whatever you want and there isn't any sort of rule you have to follow. Sometimes, people want to throw a little bit of personality in their writing than like writing an article for the newspaper or a review of a film.

I think I improved my writing by just having a sense of freedom. It's always good to not worry about certain rules that you might have to follow like writing a history paper where you can't write it in first person, but at the same time, you do have to explain a interpretation of an event. I think this sense of freedom just makes writing not so much of a nuisance it can be at times when there are rules you have to follow. I also believed I wrote everything in AP format, so this blog was good practice for me get to familiar with the format because I never written anything in that format until last quarter.

Right now in this situation, I have fairly little interest in continue. It's fun, but I also enjoy doing my Youtube stuff and it's also similar to what I did with blog stuff. I also spent a lot of money on equipment for Youtube, so there's a much higher incentive for me to do that. Youtube also allows me to do more than that too because I just simply enjoyed uploading videos and it's been an entertaining ride since 2009. I also just feel like there might not be enough gamers that enjoy reading blogs compared to watching Youtube videos.

 Youtube is such an amazing place for gamers. Video games have always been more of a visual experience and Youtube is basically that. You can watch gameplay videos of a game you're interested in and see if it might be the game for you. There's also a lot of successful Youtubers who make a living by uploading various video game content. Not only that, gaming as a whole seems really big on Youtube as there's a section dedicated to gaming.

With that said, it's difficult for me to stay in the blogosphere, but I do believe it was a fun experience to be a part of it. It isn't something that I get to experience on a daily basis too compared to doing projects or writing up papers. I might miss making posts on my blog because I didn't really find them too annoying to do although and I also put a lot of passion in my posts too. It might be something I might look back on and be proud about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment